From routine checkups to surgical treatments our Physicians and Surgeons Drs. Amram Dahukey,and George Abdelmessieh are available to handle all your foot and ankle problems. To help you understand your options, we've included descriptions of some of our leading services on this page.
Ankle sprains are caused by an unnatural twisting or force on the ankle bones of the foot, often resulting in one or more ligaments on the outside of the ankle to be stretched or torn. If not properly treated, ankle sprains could develop into long-term problems. Read More...
Bunions are misaligned big toe joints that can become swollen and tender, causing the first joint of the big toe to slant outward, and the second joint to angle toward the other toes. Read More...
Flat feet are a common condition. In infants and toddlers, the longitudinal arch is not developed and flat feet are normal. The arch develops in childhood, and by adulthood, most people have developed normal arches. Read More...
Hammertoe is a deformity of the second, third or fourth toes. In this condition, the toe is bent at the middle joint, resembling a hammer. Left untreated, hammertoes can become inflexible and require surgery.Read More...
Diabetes and Your Feet
With a diabetic foot, a wound as small as a blister from wearing a shoe that's too tight can cause a lot of damage. Diabetes decreases blood flow, so injuries are slow to heal.Read More...
Plantar fasciitis (or heel pain) is commonly traced to an inflammation on the bottom of the foot. Our practice can evaluate arch pain, and may prescribe customized shoe inserts called orthoses to help alleviate the pain. Read More...
Corns and calluses are protective layers of compacted, dead skin cells. They are caused by repeated friction from skin rubbing against bony areas or against an irregularity in a shoe. Corns ordinarily form on the toes and calluses on the soles of the feet.Read More...
Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Podiatric Surgery is the specialty of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of injuries, conditions and diseases of the foot and ankle. Although we focus on problems of the foot and ankle, we treat our patients as a whole.
- Our services include diagnosis and treatment of ankle and foot injuries including fractures, sprains and strains; hammertoes, bunions, heel pain and spurs, Neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts and other common problems. We provide medical and surgical care for diabetic and arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle and utilize the most advanced and tested techniques, including arthroscopy and laser surgery.
- We provide care for traumatic injuries of the foot and ankle including fractures, dislocations, ankle sprains and strains, infections, wounds and ulcers.
- We provide immediate treatment for work related injuries and accept Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- We perform almost all surgery on an outpatient ambulatory basis, under local anesthesia with sedation. We perform surgery in most of Tucson's hospitals and outpatient surgery centers.
- We provide SECOND OPINION SERVICES to all who wish to avail themselves to this service. Our services include review of medical records, review of x-rays and full examination. A report to the Primary Care Physician is also available upon request.
- We may bill your insurance for the service if it is authorized or covered by your plan. The cost is ultimately your responsibility and payment for the service is expected at the time of service.
- If you are calling to schedule SECOND OPINION SERVICE please let the office staff know at the time of your call, so that appropriate scheduling time is provided.
- Please bring with you or provide the office with all records and x-rays that you may have.
- We thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of assistance.